Saffron jar from La Mancha artisan Protected Designation of Origin 2 grs.
What do we find in this product?
Saffron from La Mancha artisan with PDO 2 gr. It has the label of "Red threads handmade production". A complement to give flavor, color and aroma to your dishes.
The best saffron in the world.
Find out why this is the best saffron in the world:
- It is born in Castilla-La Mancha, where there are long and rigorous summers and very cold winters, in a clay soil: the ideal setting for the saffron flower. - It is the only saffron with a Protected Designation of Origin , since the beginning of the 19th century.
- The collection of the flower is done only during the first hours of dawn.
- Its aromatic and coloring power is superior to that of foreign saffron, due to the artisanal peeling and roasting process.
- Its aroma, far from being intense, is soft like that of a good perfume.
Its artisan production
La Mancha Denomination of Origin saffron is produced in the best production area in the world.
The choice and preparation of La Mancha saffron is always done from an artisanal point of view. The plots where saffron is grown are clean soils free of pollutants.
Harvesting takes place between October and November with the first rays of daylight, since light, air or sun cause the flowers to lose properties. It takes a lot of work and effort for its needs, an uncomfortable posture is used and it is necessary to avoid destroying the flower to favor the process.
Once the flowers are collected, they are quickly transferred to carry out the peeling , a delicate process to obtain the spicy saffron.
The peeling consists of delicately extracting the stigma of the flower with its three clean filaments. The stigma is completely removed, which differentiates the spot saffron from all the others.
The process done next is called roasting : drying and dehydrating the stigmas turning them into the spice. Drying with hot air, gentle so that the saffron does not burn, gives off a pleasant smell of roasted saffron. In this process, the saffron reduces its size by up to 20% and takes on a darker color.
The packaging phase is very careful so that the product reaches the customer's hands as pure as possible. Proof of the good fulfillment of the process, is the seal of guarantee of this saffron as the best saffron in the world .
How to know if it complies with the denomination of origin?
The requirements for cataloging saffron with the Protected Designation of Origin Saffron from La Mancha include having its origin in certain municipalities in Spain, being marketed packaged in less than 100 gr, and being produced one year before packaging (maximum).
This label is the only one that guarantees compliance with the requirements of the Regulatory Council of the Denomination of Origin for La Mancha saffron.
Some tips to identify in our house if what we have purchased really complies with the Denomination of Origin we can look at the following details:
Saffron is presented in flexible and resistant threads, of a bright and bright red color, never ground. Once we have it in our hands, we must capture its aroma and the absence of astringent flavor.
Saffron health benefits
Saffron Denomination of Origin La Mancha is not only a magnificent food condiment, but also has numerous benefits for our health:
- It stimulates the digestive system, and regulates digestion thanks to its red pigments that favor the production of bile. In addition, it helps lower cholesterol and is a good remedy for asthma.
- Relieves menstrual and menopausal pain, prevents colic and is also used as an aphrodisiac.
- Good for neurological pain , taken in infusions, it fights depression and toothaches and gums.
- It works as a natural antioxidant , saffron crocin slows down the degeneration of cells, is preventive in cardiovascular diseases and anticancer , extending life expectancy
- It improves memory and cognitive abilities , being recommended for people suffering from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- The safranal, its aromatic component, strengthens the eyes, the retina and the blood vessels.
For all these and many more reasons it is advisable to consume our saffron, grown in the most traditional and delicate way so that it reaches the consumer in the most direct way.