Albufera Rice Denomination of Origin Valencia, 1 kg
What do we find in this product?
Albufera rice is born from the natural selection of the Bomba, Sénia and Bahía varieties. It is a round pearl grain that absorbs the flavor of the broth in which it is cooked. It is very resistant to overcooking (about 18 minutes is recommended).
- Pearl and round grain
- Protected Denomination of Origin rice from Valencia
- Absorbs the flavor of the broth
- Resistant to overcooking
- Ideal for paellas and rice dishes
Rice that draws attention due to the excellent quality that can be found in each of its grains. A rice with Denomination of Origin Arroz de Valencia.
Albufera rice is the newest variety of the Denomination of Origin, grown entirely in the Albufera Natural Park.
The result? A loose, smooth and very creamy rice, ideal for honeyed dishes or paellas .
Denomination of Origin of Valencia Rice
Valencia has been the cradle of rice cultivation in Spain and its introduction is attributed to the Arabs during the 8th century. Within Valencia, the Sueca region and the lands near the Albufera de Valencia, are the oldest and most traditional.
The varieties of rice protected by the Denomination of Origin Arroz de Valencia offer endless possibilities in the kitchen, perfectly fulfilling its main attribute: driving the palate, with all its potential, the combination of flavors of each of the ingredients with those of us who have accompanied the rice.
The DO requires having grown the rice in the appropriate natural environment, with an irrigation system that favors the homogeneous maturation of the grain, reaching the highest industrial and culinary quality.
Benefits of rice-based diets
The Asian diet based on rice is known worldwide as a healthy and clean diet, ideal for any body. This belief is not wrong, since rice is a well of benefits for our body.
- Source of energy , it is abundant in carbohydrates, acts as fuel for the body and helps in the normal functioning of the brain. Carbohydrates are essential to be metabolized by the body and converted into functional usable energy.
- Free of cholesterol , it has low levels of fat , cholesterol and sodium and helps reduce obesity and the health problems associated with being overweight.
- Skin care , can be applied topically to cure certain skin diseases. In India, rice water is easily prescribed by doctors as an effective ointment to cool inflamed skin surfaces.
The phenolic compounds found in rice, particularly brown or wild rice, have anti-inflammatory properties , so they are also good at soothing irritation and redness. It also helps delay the appearance of wrinkles and other premature signs of aging.
- Diuretic and digestive . As a diuretic, rice husk can help you lose excess water, remove toxins from the body, such as uric acid, and even lose weight.
The high fiber content also increases the regularity of the bowel movement and protects against various types of cancer, as well as reducing the chances of cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular health , rice bran oil has antioxidant properties that promote cardiovascular strength by reducing cholesterol levels in the body.
- Net Weight
- 1 kg
- Valencia, Spain
- Protected designation of origin
- Valencia rice