Palette Bellota 100% Ibérica D. O. Los Pedroches, Whole Piece, 6 Kgs, Tasty Flavor
Acorn-fed 100% Iberian Shoulder DO Los Pedroches, Whole Piece, 6 Kgs, tasty flavor
From 100% Iberian pigs raised in the wild in the Pedroches Valley and fed exclusively acorn-based in their last months
If there is something that differentiates the Iberian pig from the rest of the animals on the planet, it is the way in which it infiltrates the fat into the muscle, which explains why its meat has such a characteristic flavor. In order to obtain an acorn-fed Iberian shoulder with top quality meat, the pig from which they come must have made the montanera and have been fed with acorns and all kinds of natural products.
Acorn-fed Iberian shoulder DO Los Pedroches made by hand by Belloterra, a traditional company from Pozoblanco attached to the Los Pedroches Designation of Origin, which has its own production of Iberian pigs and extensive fields of holm oaks, gall oaks and cork oaks, in which its Pigs are raised and fattened in freedom, taking advantage of the natural resources that this ecosystem offers in the montanera season (from October to February), mainly natural pastures and acorns (consuming approximately 9-11 kg of acorns per animal per day).
Made in Bellotera, taking care of the details of the production and transformation of the Iberian. We take advantage of our unique environment, guarantee the quality of the production process and apply traditional know-how while continuing to invest in a continuous process of innovation.
Belloterra's facilities are located in Añora, the heart of the Los Pedroches region, in the northern part of the province of Córdoba. This enclave allows the Iberian pig to feed itself with the best raw material: the holm oak acorn, whose high content of natural sugars gives the Los Pedroches ham its characteristic sweet flavor.
Without forgetting the efficient management and commercialization of our products, we are strongly committed to the revaluation of our sector with the same culture and tradition that for centuries has revolved around it.
Acorn Palette Properties
- It reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases, preventing the rise in blood pressure and thrombosis.
- Decreases the presence of harmful lipids and increases antioxidants.
- It has beneficial fats for increasing "good" cholesterol, HDL and reducing LDL ("bad" cholesterol).
- Its meat is a good source of potassium and provides many vitamins such as thiamine, rivoflavin, vitamin B12, niacin and vitamin B6.
- High in minerals such as iron, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and potassium .
Ingredients: Front leg of Iberian Pig. Preservatives
- Net Weight
- 6 kg
- The valley of the Pedroches, Cordoba, Spain
- Protected designation of origin
- The Los Pedroches
- 50 % iberian Breed