Marqués de Murrieta Rioja Reserve Wine
What do we find in this Marqués de Murrieta Rioja Reserva wine?
Marqués de Murrieta Reserva is one of the reference Rioja reds, with high scores and good opinions from fans.
For a couple of vintages it has been more fluid, fresh and fruity than in its previous versions. A classic Rioja adapted to the new times and to the tastes of new consumers.
A safe bet that harmonizes with a multitude of dishes and that critic James Suckling chose as one of his 5 favorite Spanish wines.
- Grape variety: Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo, Garnacha
- Origin: DO Rioja
- Pairing: Fish, lamb chops, suckling pig or truffle.
- VIEW: Elegance, balance and regularity. Bright cherry.
- NOSE: Fragrant. It offers aromas of refined fruit that combine perfectly with floral, balsamic, spicy notes and touches of oak.
- MOUTH: A silky step. Juicy and rich, elegant and lightly toasted. A perfect integration of its tannins with its fruit, with a very pleasant acidity that gives it a long run.
Marques de Murrieta Winery
The Marquis of Murrieta made his first wine in 1852 in Logroño, using Bordeaux production techniques.
He settled on the Ygay estate at the end of the 1870s, located in the heart of La Rioja, with 300 hectares of surrounding vineyards.
In 1983 the Cebrián-Sagarriaga family picks up the witness and carry out a laborious restoration work in 2007, finishing in 2014, and reopening the doors of the cellar, being able to enjoy some incredible guided tours since then. * Presentation suggestion.