Cinnamon Black Tea 175 grs
Why black tea and cinnamon?
It is a fully fermented tea, obtained from the leaves of Camellia assamica. For this, its leaves are rolled, dried and macerated, which are left for a longer time in order for its components to react with each other.
As a consequence, an oxidation process occurs that is known by the name of “fermentation”, although we must bear in mind that neither yeast nor bacteria participate in this process.
We are, without a doubt, before a wonderful tea, which perfectly combines the slightly milder flavor of black tea with the great aromatic power of cinnamon.
Benefits of Black Tea with Cinnamon
Did you know that black tea is tremendously rich in minerals? The presence of zinc, calcium, magnesium, chromium, manganese, iron, potassium and fluorine is particularly noteworthy.
- High in antioxidants, a cup of black tea with cinnamon is capable of providing us with the not inconsiderable figure of 200 mg. flavonoids, antioxidants that help us reduce the negative action of free radicals; besides being useful to improve the capacity of the blood vessels.
- Good against cholesterol, useful for those who have high cholesterol, mainly because it facilitates the non-oxidation of what is known as good cholesterol (HDL), hindering the formation of atheroma plaques.
- Great stimulating power, it is rich in alkaloids, which are substances with an evident stimulating quality.
Cinnamon of Eden Tea Black Tea Ingredients:
Ceylon black tea, pieces of cinnamon and natural aroma
What is black tea?
Black tea is an herb of the Camellia sinensis species and has medicinal properties. There are many remarkable benefits, however, it does not hurt to know what the contraindications of black tea are, which are very similar to other varieties of tea.
To a lesser extent than Pu Erh, black tea is one of the best-known infusions in the world. At first glance, this tea presents us with a very characteristic appearance of dry strands and when drinking it we can appreciate hints of smoke, wood, tobacco or coffee depending on the variety we try. This appreciated drink, in addition to being a perfect accompaniment to an afternoon of reading, has a series of contraindications that every tea lover should know.
Contraindications of black tea
- There are molecules called alkaloids , including caffeine, in the case of coffee, and theine , in the case of teas. This is present to a greater or lesser extent depending on the variety of tea or the preparation. Specifically, black tea is one of the ones with the highest level of alkaloids, its benefits and contraindications being more notable. This substance has an exciting effect so people with hypertension or periods of anxiety should do a moderate consumption. It can also cause nervousness and poor sleep if taken late in the day. These effects will be more present in people sensitive to theine while for other people they may never appear.
- Another contraindication that we can find when analyzing this drink is the difficulty it presents for the correct absorption of iron that comes from food, which can lead to anemia . To avoid this blockage, we do not have to stop drinking black tea, only what the experts recommend is to take it separately from meals at least 1 hour before or after and that way we can enjoy this drink with complete peace of mind.
- Although it is rare, this tea, like all the others, has great diuretic power. This property gives us a great benefit when we talk about avoiding or reducing fluid retention, but it becomes somewhat harmful when your consumption is exceeded, causing the absorption of minerals and nutrients as important as sodium or potassium to decrease.
Some side effects of black tea
Some consumers argue that if the contraindications of black tea are not taken into account, this infusion could generate side effects. That is why you should know that, although black tea has many benefits, it can also cause adverse effects if consumed in excess. Here are some of them.
1. It can cause gastric problems
Tannins are present in black tea, which have astringent effects that can sometimes cause digestive problems, particularly in people who have previous conditions such as constipation, irritable bowel, or stomach problems.
Among the latter mentioned, constipation is caused by the dryness suffered by the intestines due to dehydration caused by the astringency caused by tannins, making this ailment worse in cases in which it already existed previously.
2. Feeling of nervousness
As we have commented previously, black tea contains high levels of theine and other alkaloids that can alter the nervous system. Experts indicate that with a consumption of more than 5 cups a day caffeine can generate side effects.
Depending on each organism and the consumption that we have, these effects can vary between headaches , nervousness, vomiting, diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, tremors, heartburn, dizziness, seizures and confusion
3. Cramps and other disorders
Finally, another side effect of its diuretic power is the loss of electrolytes , which if we do not replace them properly in our diet, can cause us muscle discomfort and cramps.
Properties of black tea
Regarding its nutritional properties, black tea has a high concentration of vitamins and minerals essential for health, such as calcium, magnesium or zinc.
1. Black tea is a great antioxidant since it has a large amount of polyphenols which have the ability to protect the body against free radicals. Although the presence of them is lower than in other varieties of tea such as white or green, its benefits on our defenses as well as to prevent aging or help with cardiovascular system problems are remarkable.
2. Its characteristic bitter taste is caused by the high presence of tannins in its composition. The astringent power that these elements possess makes it a good choice for people suffering from diarrhea or gastritis.
3. As mentioned at the beginning, black tea has a great diuretic effect which causes a moderate consumption is a big help to fight the hated fluid retention and promote the operation of the region rena l. If you want to further optimize this effect, we recommend that you take it accompanied by ginger and lemon, which in turn will promote digestive function.
4. Another great benefit of black tea is its low caloric intake along with its feeling of satiety, which makes it the perfect option to replace other more caloric beverages. A very good way to take advantage of this feature is to take it to avoid snacking between meals, that way it will help in weight loss .
5. Due to the theine present in black tea, this drink is perfect to have at breakfast since its exciting effect helps us to wake up both physically and mentally and thus energetically start the day.
How to prepare and drink black tea
It is very simple, you just have to heat water until it boils and in a container pour a tablespoon of the dry herb. Leave three minutes and strain. It can be taken hot or cold, that will depend on your tastes or the time of year in which we are.
- Prepare it with care and attention. Black tea does not require boiling water, but at about 85º. With 3-4 minutes of rest it will be fine. Try to choose a high-quality stranded black tea.
- Be careful if you are hypertensive. The caffeine or theine that is present in black tea is not recommended for people who suffer from this ailment, so it is better that you opt for infusions.
- You can consume it cold . Although the best known form is hot, black tea in the cold option preserves all its flavor and is ideal to consume in summer as a refreshing drink or accompanied by fruit.
- Use it throughout the day. It is a drink that can be enjoyed at any time of the day without any problem. For people who usually suffer from a sleep disturbance or insomnia, its consumption is recommended during the first half of the day.