Anise, licorice and mint. A tasty combination for a tea that helps your digestion. Licorice is a plant native to Mediterranean countries and Asia Minor. It has been used since ancient times as a condiment and also to treat stomach ailments. Today it is used to make desserts, drinks and it is added to some pipe cigars for its pleasant bittersweet aroma. The part of the plant that is used for therapeutic purposes is licorice root.
The combination of these ingredients create a tea with harmful properties:
- Helps relieve heavy digestion , ulcers, heartburn and gas problems. At the same time it acts as a mild laxative .
- It is a good natural expectorant . Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action is beneficial to treat respiratory tract conditions such as bronchitis or cough.
- It has hepatoprotective power, increasing the production of bile and favoring the purification of the liver.
- Helps regulate estrogen levels and is indicated to relieve symptoms of menopause.
- Its antiviral action makes this plant a good ally to prevent the proliferation of viruses. That is why you can curb the consequences of viral diseases such as AIDS or the flu.
- Reduces blood cholesterol levels.
How to prepare this infusion
To enjoy this tasty tea, all we need is to boil water and pour it into a container in which we will add a tablespoon of the dried herb. After letting it sit for3 minutes , we can strain the water and relax with our tea.