Extra Virgin olive oil Arbequina Omed, 500 ml.
What do we find in this product?
We present you a superior category Olive Oil. Obtained directly from Arbequina olives and only through mechanical procedures.
- Der Feinschmecker 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 & 2016 - top 2 in the world: The German magazine with the most gastronomic importance and most valued, publishes annually an in-depth report on all the extra virgin olive oils in the world, and makes special mention to the best rated.
- 2 Gold Medals in Olive Japan 2013 and 2014: One of the most important in the world, for meeting the highest standards of integrity and professionalism when awarding medals to the best oils in the world.
- World's best olive oils 2012/2013, 2014/2015: World's Best Olive Oils is an organization that builds the world ranking of the best olive oils in the world based on the results obtained in competitions international Among the best 50 extra virgin olive oils in the 2014/2015 campaign. Among the best 20 extra virgin olive oils in the 2012/2013 campaign. Among the best 25 oil mills in the world.
- GOLD Medal - Zurich International Oil Award (Switzerland). The evaluation of olive oils takes place in March by the Swiss Olive Oil Group (SOP) of the ZHAW, accredited since October 2006 in accordance with the ISO 17025 standard.
- Bronze Medal in Los Angeles Olive Oil Award 2011, 2013 & 2014: Held annually, the most recognized oil award in the US, where oils from all over the world participate. Flos Olei 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016: In 2016, O-Med Picual has been selected among the BEST 20 olive oils in the world by the prestigious Guide
- Flos Olei. In 2014, O-Med Picual was chosen as the BEST intense fruity extra virgin olive oil Guide to the best extra virgin olive oils in the world, edited by Marco Oreggia and Laura Marinelli. Comparable to the Parker wine guide.
A small oil mill
For eight years they have combined their passion for extra virgin olive oil and work, with the experience and tradition of their father Juan de Dios, and without forgetting the family roots of the company.
O-Med is a small oil mill , located in Acula (Granada).
The entire production process is controlled from the collection of olives to bottling , because they know that this is the only way to guarantee the final consumer the highest quality.
The extra virgins are made using the most modern technology. They are very early harvest oils, rich in aromas and complex flavors. For this, different and innovative techniques are applied:
Preservation of all oils with nitrogen to avoid their oxidation. They extract the olive pits to obtain energy, and thus the oil mill can operate in a SUSTAINABLE way.
- Cold extraction at a temperature not exceeding 20º.
- I use glass and recyclable cardboard in all of our packaging.
- Innovation and exclusivity in designs.
- Properties: Eating well is delicious, healthy and makes you feel good and happy
Properties: Eating well is delicious, healthy and makes you feel good and happy
Olive oil contains properties with numerous benefits for health and beauty, both closely related.
Of the oils, olive oil is the richest in oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat , with a beneficial effect on cholesterol.
It is a perfect natural cardiovascular protector . It has been proven that consuming olive oil prevents cell death, since it has among its antioxidant components and of all the oils the Picual variety has the highest content of them.
Due to its oleocanthal contents, olive oil has an anti-inflammatory action that could help reduce pain associated with the joints and muscles. A recent study determined that people who consume olive oil frequently in their diet have a lower incidence of cancer . This important effect could be related to its high content of oleic acid, which is the predominant fatty acid in this food.
Olive oil is capable of reducing cases of type II diabetes by up to 50%