White tuna in olive oil 185gr, Canned 5Ñ
What do we find in this bonito from the north in 185gr olive oil?
Juicy trunks of bonito loins from the north in olive oil, perfect to use in our snacks or to integrate into one of our recipes.
Like all the products that this canning company presents to us, these tuna loins start from the best raw material , which means that from their origin, they already ensure that they offer a product of the highest quality.
- Intense flavor.
- The best raw material.
- Care and dedication in its preparation.
- Quality and freshness.
Albacore tuna vs Light Tuna
The bonito of the north or white tuna is found in the north of Spain, the Cantabrian Sea. Its coastline begins in summer and normally lasts until October. To ensure quality, it is captured with selective fishing, one by one, obtaining a higher quality meat.
Light tuna is characterized by the yellow color of its fin, it is the most caught and the most used for canning. Although its flavor is pleasant and it is part of the Mediterranean diet, its quality is intermediate. It is an open water species of tropical and subtropical seas.
Albacore tuna is softer, tastier and lower in fat than light tuna.
Benefits of Bonito for health
- The albacore, like all oily fish, is rich in omega-3 , an essential fatty acid that should always be present in the diet, because in addition to regulating cholesterol levels and preventing cardiovascular diseases, it is essential for some functions body basics.
- Bonito, like the rest of the fish, is a good source of protein of high biological value and has various amounts of vitamins and minerals .
- Among the vitamins are those of group B, such as B2 (more abundant in oily fish) and B9, although their content is less relevant when compared to other foods rich in these nutrients.
- It has an outstanding content of vitamin B3 and B12, the latter in a quantity greater than many fish and meat. Bonito, being a fatty fish, also has fat-soluble vitamins, such as A and D, which accumulate mainly in its viscera.
- It has interesting amounts of potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron, as well as iodine.
Conservas 5Ñ is a company that, taking advantage of its more than 50 years of experience in the sector, has recently decided to start its work in the most traditional preserves of our gastronomy.
Its objective is that the most emblematic pieces of Spanish gastronomy preserve their flavor and craftsmanship over time. They currently have a wide range of products, all of them made in Santoña, Cantabria, a town known for its canning tradition.
White tuna, olive oil and salt.
|Energetic value||831kj / 200kcal|
|of which saturates||1.8g|
|of which sugars||0g|